The mission of the Office of Institutional Research is to provide a deeper understanding of the institution’s properties and attributes through research, and technical support for assessment and evaluation.
The purpose of the Office of Institutional Research is to conduct research and provide a diverse set of data-driven activities that are designed to enhance administrative decision-making, respond to the external demands placed upon institutions, inform institutional policy development, and support institutional planning, evaluation, and budgeting.
The university community is served through the following functions:
- Publish and distribute the results of institutional research.
- Publish the annual university Fact Book.
- Distribute weekly reports on NSU's headcount and credit hour enrollments to a broad campus constituency.
- Coordinate and provide consultation and technical assistance for the assessment of student learning outcomes, and quality improvement planning processes.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from university administration for data and information for managerial decision making.
- Serve as the university's official clearinghouse for data and information regarding the university.
- Respond to external surveys, questionnaires, and requests for data from federal, state, and private agencies.
- Provide consultation and technical advice to the university community in the design, implementation, and data analysis for survey research.