NSU Payment Plans
Payment for tuition, fees, and other NSU charges is due in full at the time of registration. However, the NSU Office of the University Bursar offers a variety of payment plans to NSU students to assist in paying the entire balance.
NSU students (excluding international students) who wish to defer payment of their tuition, fees, and other institutional charges due at the time of registration may sign up for a 4-month (fall) and/or a 4-month (winter) payment plan. A 3-month (summer only) payment plan is also available. The following terms apply.
Payment Plan Terms
- In order to be eligible, students must have paid all prior balances in full and be registered for the semester(s) which the payment plan is to cover. Students may defer payment for any balances remaining on their account after all discounts, financial awards/resources, and other credits have been applied. Students may view their student account and financial aid awards by logging into their SharkLink account.
- The amount a student may defer is based on the following calculation:
Estimated Costs - Funding Sources = Amount to be Deferred
Estimated costs include, but are not limited to, tuition, fees, insurance, on-campus housing, and meals. Funding sources may include grants, scholarships, loans, and other sources such as the Florida Prepaid College Plan.
- It is the student's responsibility to review his or her student account and monthly eBill online and to promptly notify the Office of the University Bursar of any changes in tuition or institutional costs to ensure that are adjusted accordingly. Withdrawal from classes does not void this agreement unless the outstanding balance has been paid in full.
- If a parent, guardian, or other person will be making payments on the student's behalf, NSU requires that the person with the fiscal responsibility to make payments also sign the Payment Plan Contract. The student thereby authorizes NSU to disclose financial aid and student account information to this person for the duration of the payment schedule. The student must also have a completed Authorization for Release of Information on file with Enrollment and Student Services.
- The following deadlines for submissions of Payment Plan Applications apply:
- 4-Month Fall/4-Month Winter Payment Plan: Application deadline - July 1
- 4-Month Fall ONLY Payment Plan: Application deadline - July 1
- 4-Month Winter ONLY Payment Plan: Application deadline - November 1
- 3-Month Summer ONLY Payment Plan: Application deadline - April 1
- Contracts are issued upon the receipt of the Payment Plan Application and a non-refundable $75 application fee.
The payment plan becomes valid and binding when:
- the Office of the University Bursar receives the Payment Plan Contract signed by the student (and the fiscally responsible person, if applicable) within five business days from the day the contract was emailed to the student/fiscally responsible person;
- all postdated payments in accordance with the payment plan schedule (checks or credit card authorizations) have been received;
- the first payment has cleared; and
- the student has a completed Authorization for Release of Information (ROI) form on file with Enrollment and Student Services (ESS) for the fiscally responsible person, if applicable.
- All existing policies pertaining to declined payments apply to the payment plan. If a student's payment is declined, a $25 declined payment fee will be assessed. The student will receive notification that the payment has been declined and that payment must be made within 15 days by credit card, money order, or cashier's check.
- Failure to make an installment payment, when due, may render this contract null and void, and will require immediate and full payment of all remaining charges. NSU will withhold all services from the student, including grades, diplomas, transcripts, and future registrations, until the outstanding balance has been paid in full.