Nova Southeastern University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC) to award associate’s, baccalaureate, master’s, educational specialist, doctorate, and professional degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Nova Southeastern University.
- Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad Law Center is a member of the Association of American Law Schools and is accredited by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association (321 North Clark Street, 21st Floor, Chicago, IL 60610-4714: Telephone number: (312) 988-6738).
- The College of Osteopathic Medicine is accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association and is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine.
- The Doctor of Pharmacy Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, 20 North Clark Street, Suite 2500, Chicago, IL 60602 (telephone number: (312) 664-3575, 800-533-3606; fax: (312) 664-4652.) The College of Pharmacy is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy.
- The Doctor of Optometry Program at Nova Southeastern University is fully accredited by The Accreditation Council on Optometric Education (ACOE). The ACOE (243 North Lindbergh Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri; telephone number 800-365-2219)is the accrediting body for professional degree programs offered by all optometric institutions in the United States.
- The Occupational Therapy Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE), American Occupational Therapy Association, 4720 Montgomery Lane, P.O. Box 31220, Bethesda, MD 20814-1220, telephone number: (301) 652-2682.
- College of Dental Medicine programs in dentistry, advanced general dentistry, oral and maxillofacial surgery, endodontics, orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics, periodontics, pediatric dentistry, and prosthodontics are accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. (211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611; telephone number: (312) 440-4653).
- The Physical Therapy Program at Nova Southeastern University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org
- The Physician Assistant Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission (ARC-PA).
- The Bachelor and Master of Health Science—Vascular Sonography courses of study are accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- The Master of Health Science—Anesthesiologist Assistant is accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- The baccalaureate nursing program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc. (NLNAC) 61 Broadway, 33rd Floor, New York, NY 10006, 800-669-1656. The bachelor of science in nursing and master of science in nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036-1120, telephone number (202) 887-6791.
- The Doctor of Philosophy and the Doctor of Psychology programs in clinical psychology are accredited by the American Psychological Association. The Psychology Services Center Internship Program is also accredited by the American Psychological Association (Committee on Accreditation, 750 First Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20002-4242; Telephone number 202-336-5979). Additionally, the Center for Psychological Studies sponsors the Consortium Internship Program, which is a member in good standing of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC). The center’s master’s degree program in school counseling and specialist degree program in school psychology are approved by the Florida Department of Education. The center is approved by the state of Florida’s Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling to offer continuing education to clinical social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists. CPS is approved by the state of Florida’s Board of Medical Therapies/Psychology, Office of School Psychology to offer continuing education.
- The Master of Public Health Program is accredited by the Council on Education in Public Health (CEPH).
- The Mailman Segal Center for Human Development Family Center Preschool and Baudhuin Preschool are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- The Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Master of Science and Ph.D. Degree Programs in Family Therapy are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- The Fischler School of Education at Nova Southeastern University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), www.ncate.org. This accreditation covers initial teacher preparation programs and advanced educator preparation programs at all university locations and online. However, the accreditation does not include individual education courses that the institution offers to P-12 educators for professional development, re-licensure, or other purposes.
- The Master’s Degree Program in Speech-Language Pathology, offered through the Abraham S. Fischler School of Education, is approved by the Florida and Nevada Departments of Education and accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in audiology and speech-language pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
- The audiology doctorate (Au.D.) offered through the Health Professions Division is also accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation of ASHA.
- Within the Farquhar College of Arts and Sciences, the Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies is accredited by the American Bar Association (321 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60610, Telephone number: 800-285-2221).
- Bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs offered in a variety of fields of business and administration by the H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship are accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
- The Master of Science in Instructional Technology and Distance Education and the Ed.D. in Education with a concentration in Instructional Technology and Distance Education are accredited by the University Council of Jamaica.
- University School of Nova Southeastern University—prekindergarten through grade 12—is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, by the Florida Kindergarten Council, and by the Association of Independent Schools of Florida. University School is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.