Nutrition Counseling Services
NSU employs a full-time Registered and Licensed Dietitian to help you and your families achieve optimal health through good nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits.
Need Sound Nutrition Advice?
Registered and Licensed dietitians are your most credible source of nutrition information. Look for the initials RD, LD/N indicating that the nutrition professional has:
- Completed a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate Degree in Nutrition from an accredited university.
- Passed a national exam.
- Maintained continuing education hours.
- Follows the high standards of conduct and practice outlined by the Florida Department of Health.
Top Five Reasons to see a Registered & Licensed Dietitian
- You want to improve your sports performance.
- You want to eat smarter and healthier.
- You need to safely gain or lose weight.
- You have questions about dietary supplements.
- You want to prevent heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, and/or cancer.
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Private, individualized, 1 hour counseling sessions are available to help manage diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, overweight and obesity. A physician’s prescription is required.