Policies and Procedures
No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the Don Taft University Center. Last call is fifteen minutes before closing time. To purchase beer or wine:
- You must have a valid ID showing proof of age.
- We reserve the right to request your NSU ID Card or a secondary photo ID for the purchase of alcohol.
- You will be served only one alcoholic beverage at a time.
- You must consume the alcohol in The Flight Deck area, either within the Flight Deck or on the Flight Deck Patio. This means it may not be taken anywhere else in the Don Taft University Center, including restrooms, offices, or outside of the building out of the immediate perimeter of the Flight Deck Patio.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be served to anyone determined to be intoxicated, and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
No Animals (except for guide dogs) are permitted in The Flight Deck.
No balloons (helium filled) will be allowed in the atrium, food court area, pit, or arena. If you show up to your event with balloons, we will ask for you to remove them immediately, no exceptions.
Carry-in items and bags are subject to search. Prohibited items will be confiscated.
If groups or individuals bring food into the facility, the University is not liable.
Furniture and Equipment
Furniture and equipment may be moved or rearranged only by employees of Student Activities.
Lost and Found
Roller Blades, Bicycles, Skateboards and/or Razor Scooters
Roller blades, bicycles, and skateboards are prohibited in The Flight Deck. Guests must park bicycles outside in the designated area. Roller blades and skateboards may be "carried" in, but indoor use is not permitted.
Shirts and Shoes
Shirts and shoes are required at all times in University Center. There is to be no stripping of any articles of clothing.
Smoking is prohibited in all NSU buildings.
Vendors are not permitted to use the Don Taft University Center areas to promote their products for purposes of on-site sales or marketing.
Visitors to The Flight Deck under eighteen (18) years old are not permitted to enter without adult supervision. For events, programs, and private parties, see our Guest Policy.