- Call 911 and give emergency personnel the following information:
- Your exact location (what building, floor, etc.)
- The type of injury (bleeding, fracture, etc.)
- Your name
- Stay on the line. Police or fire personnel will request that you wait. Help will be sent, then you will be asked for additional information.
Rendering Help to the Injured
- Do not move the victim (unless in a dangerous area).
- Restore breathing and/or heartbeat (CPR if trained).
- Keep others away from the victim.
- Stop the bleeding.
- Know your own limitations on type of aid to render. Do not overreact!
In the Event of a Fire
- Pull the nearest fire alarm
- Take residents, class, team, etc. a safe secure distance from the building and keep them together! Be sure all are account for!
- Call 911 for the fire department and give them the following information:
- The exact location of the fire
- Type of fire (trash can, smoke, flames, etc.)
- Your name
When a Police Officer is Needed
- Phone 911 (if emergency)
- Give police the exact location, type of problem (disturbance, vandalism, etc.) and your name
- Keep other persons away from the scene
- Do not touch or disturb anything
- If possible get a description of suspect, vehicle, etc.
- Attempt to keep others safe and calm
- Call NSU Public Safety