What is a Project
|For the Project Management Office a project that needs to be directed through the office has to have an information technology component, multi-functional department involvement, a dollar value of five thousand or more, and requiring more than 30 hours project management time.|
Types of Projects:
Below is a summary of project types handled by the Project Management Office, projects may overlap in type
1. Hardware: Projects requiring the installation of hardware - Servers, Network Switches, Computers
2. Audio Visual: Projects that require a visual and audio presentation system - Cameras, Projectors, Recording Systems
3. Software: Projects requiring the procurement and installation of system and application software - Operating Systems, Utilities, Data base Management Systems.
4. Network: Projects requiring the sharing of resources in a linked environment to exchange files or allow electronic communication - Printers, File Servers, Global Communication (Internet),5. Electronic Mail
5. Combined Technologies: Projects encompassing multiple types of solutions - Mobile Devices,
6. Process Improvement: Approval process (ARIBA), SLA's, Receiving, Licensing
7. Community Events: Projects that are University wide and may impact the entire organization, i.e.
• Elections Call Center
• Job Fairs
• Governors Debate
• Special Events as requested