The mission of the Nova Southeastern University nursing department is to provide quality, professional undergraduate and graduate nursing education. We will prepare culturally sensitive and competent nursing leaders who have knowledge and skills that are relevant, futuristic, and responsive to rapidly changing health care trends and environments within an atmosphere of scholarly inquiry, professional values, interdisciplinary collaboration and community partnerships.
- We respect the diversity and equity of our students, faculty, staff, and community partners.
- We embody personal and professional integrity within a supportive, caring environment.
- We honor an environment that mentors, empowers, and nurtures students, faculty and staff.
- We support teamwork and partnerships to achieve individual, department, university and community goals.
- We encourage the development of leadership, accountability, and ownership among students, faculty, staff, and community partners.
- We promote activities that develop and maintain the discipline of nursing.