Thank you for your interest in our MSN/Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) program. Here you will find information on admission to our family nurse practitioner (FNP) specialization track. Additional program pages provide further information, so please explore the rest of the website.
Prospective MSN/APRN students are selected for admission based on the candidate's application content, academic record, curriculum of completed required courses, professional nursing licensure, and evaluation forms.
Admission to the M.S.N. program requires the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- For those with a major in Nursing (BSN) an overall GPA of 3.0 is required
- For those with a BS in a field other than nursing an overall GPA of 3.0 is required and satisfactory completion of NSG 4900, Transition to Advance Nursing Practice, prior to beginning the MSN program. NSG 4900 course is only offered in fall term.
- A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree from a regionally accredited college or university, and the nursing degree must be accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) (formerly National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, (NLNAC) or by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accreditation
- A current, unencumbered, active state of Florida nursing license (The license must remain active, without discipline, throughout the program.
- Application with writing sample, two evaluation (reference) forms and application fee. (A scholarly written paper on a potential research interest; two pages maximum using the 6th edition APA format).
- Completion of a college-level statistics course (from a mathematics department) with a C or better.