Entry Level BSN Program
Tuition and Fees
Tuition for the 2012-2013 academic year (subject to change by the board of trustees without notice) is $23,450 for Florida residents and $24,500 for out-of-state students.
There are a number of Florida and hospital grants available for the Nursing student. Additionally, student loan interest for nursing students is lower than for students seeking other degrees. The Financial Aid Office is eager to assist you to explore all possible financial aid options.
|Annual Tuition Rates (3 Semesters Fall/Winter/Summer|
|Florida Resident Tuition||Out of State Tuition|
|One Time Application Fee:||$50.00||$50.00|
|HPD General Access Fee:||$145.00||$145.00|
|NSU Student Service Fee:||$900.00||$900.00|
|One Time Lab Fee:||$150.00||$150.00|
|Extra Fees:||See Below||See Below|
- One Time Application Fee - $50: This fee is non-refundable and is required with each application.
- Tuition Deposit - $200: This deposit is required to reserve the accepted applicant's place in the entering first-year class. This advance payment will be deducted from the tuition payment due on registration day, but is not refundable in the event of a withdrawal. It is payable within two weeks of an applicant's acceptance.
- Health Professions Division General Access Fee - $145: may be required each year.
- NSU Student Services Fee - $900: (Effective July 1, 2012) is required annually. ( Split between 3 Semesters Fall/Winter/Summer)
- One Time Lab Fee -$150: This fee is required in the first semester of the program only.
- Extra Fees: Students will incur additional cost such as; Books, FNSA dues, uniforms, lab coat, Competency Exam fees and Graduation Costs.
- Background Checks: The College pays for the first background check per student any additional background check will be funded by the student
- All tuition charges and fees are subject to change by the board of trustees without notice.
The first semester's tuition and fees, less than the $200 previously paid (Acceptance fee & Deposit Fee), are before registration day. Tuition for each subsequent semester is due on or before the appropriate registration day. Students will not be admitted until their financial obligations have been met. The financial ability of applicants to complete their education at the college is important because of the limited number of positions available in each class. Applicants should have specific plans for financing 27 months of professional education. This should include tuition, living expenses, books, equipment, and miscellaneous expenses.
Each student is required to carry adequate personal medical and hospital insurance. Students may purchase Student Health Insurance for NSU Students through the University. Students who have adequate personal medical and hospital insurance may waive the Health insurance by filling out the Student Health Insurance Waiver.