Doctorate of Nursing Practice
Application Procedures Winter 2015 and Fall 2015 Entering Classes
Beginning October 15, 2014, the D.N.P. program will be participating in the centralized application service NursingCAS.
1. The NursingCAS application information may be obtained
- On line at www.nursingcas.org
- By calling NursingCAS at (617) 612-2880
The deadline to complete and submit the NursingCAS application will be December 1 for winter admission and July 15 for fall admission.
2. Sending supporting documents to NursingCAS.
- All official college transcripts from undergraduate, graduate, and professional institutions attended must be sent to NursingCAS directly from the institutions attended.
Send all transcripts to
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, Massachusetts, 02471
- Coursework taken at foreign institutions must be evaluated for U.S. institutional equivalence by an approved National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) organization such as one of the services listed below.
World Education Services
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, New York 10274-5087
Josef Silny and Associates
(305) 273-1338 fax
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203-3470
It is the applicant's responsibility to have this coursework evaluated. An official course-by- course evaluation with a cumulative grade point average must be sent directly from the evaluation service.
- Two evaluations/references must be completed by individuals other than relatives (suggested sources are professors, academic advisers, clinical or nonclinical supervisors or community associates) and sent directly to NursingCAS.
- Submit a writing sample (use APA 6th edition formatting, including headings for each section) directly to NursingCAS. Include the following information in your statement:
Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Discuss the differences and similarities between the D.N.P. another doctoral degrees available to nurses. What influenced you to select the D.N.P.? ( Refer to the AACN website)
- Discuss the importance of evidence-based interventions as part of the D.N.P. curriculum.
- Discuss your personal and professional goals related to the D.N. P.
- What is your area of clinical specialization? Discuss your academic and work experience related to this specialization.
- Discuss the personal attributes that qualify you as an exceptional candidate for our program.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
3. Once the NursingCAS application is completed, an applicant needs to complete a NSU supplemental application, which is available online. The deadline to complete and submit the NSU supplemental application will be December 10 for winter admission and August 1 for fall admission. The Office of Admissions works on a rolling basis. Applications are accepted year-round.
4. Submit official documentation of all supervised, post baccalaureate practice hours from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited school to
Nova Southeastern University
11501 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33410-6507
Documentation must be from the program director of the previous post baccalaureate program and include the following information on university letterhead:
- applicant's full name
- university name and department
- contact information for follow up, if necessary
- program director's signature
- date and title of degree earned
- specialization earned and total number of preceptor-verified clinical experience hours