Doctorate of Nursing Practice
The DNP Essentials (AACN, 2006), outlines eight foundational Essentials. The specialization content is defined by the appropriate specialty organization. Faculty will work with students individually to ensure the specialized content complements the areas of core content.
- Scientific Underpinnings for Practice
- Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Improvement and Systems Thinking
- Clinical Scholarship and Analytical Methods for Evidence Based Practice
- Information Systems/Technology and Patient Care Technology for the Improvement and Transformation of Health Care
- Health Care Policy for Advocacy in Health Care
- Inter-professional Collaboration for Improving Patient and Population Health Outcomes
- Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Improving the Nation's Health
- Advanced Nursing Practice
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2006). The Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice. Washington, DC: Author.