Introduction | Accessing | Viewing
State of the Nation (SOTN) gives financial and economic data from throughout
the federal government
and other related entities. Unlike the "GLOBUS & NTDB" section,
SOTN concerns itself with the United States'
domestic economy. The following list identifies categories of information
- General Economic Indicators: Consumer Price Index,Producer Price Index,
Gross Domestic Product, National Income and Product Accounts (NIPA)
- Housing and Construction: Housing Starts and Building Permits, New Construction,
New Home Sales
- Employment: Cost Index, Local Area Employment, and Unemployment (Weekly
Unemployment Claims Report)
- Manufacturing and Industry: Retail Sales, Manufacturing, Trade, Inventories,
Sales, Industrial Production, Capacity Utilization, Current Industry Reports
- Monetary Statistics: Selected Interest Rates (H.15), Foreign Exchange Rates
(H.10), Bank Credit (H.8), Money Stock (H.6)
- Economic Policy: Beige Book, Treasury Statements, Humphrey-Hawkins Testimony
by FRB Chairman
This database may be accessed from the Electronic Resources Section of the Alvin Sherman Library website.
From the Stat-USA page, you can access State of the Nation by clicking
on the link that looks like the Statue of Liberty.
The State of the Nation site as seen in the image below contains a collection
of links to the
various types of information available.
To view the current version of a document, simply click
on the desired link. NOTE: The content changes frequently; to view old versions
all the way to the bottom of the screen
and click on State of the Nation Library.
Search screen in State of the Nation.
To print from State of the Nation highlight the text you wish to print
then use the either your browser print button or the "ctrl p" key
command from your computer. Either of these functions will allow you to print
the desired information.