Travel and Study Abroad
Deciding to Go Abroad
Your Preliminary Checklist
- Get acquainted with the Study Abroad program that interests you (you can get brochures and information at the Office of International Students).
- Consult with your Academic Advisor as to the feasibility of this experience based on where you are in your NSU program.
- Select the courses you are going to take at the university abroad.
- Visit your NSU Academic Advisor to get approval for credit transfer of your selected courses and have form signed.
- If using Financial Aid $ (ONLY Federal) process Consortium Agreement.
- If you don't have a passport, please access this link and start the process: How to Get a Passport.
- Process VISA for the country you will be travelling to (if needed)
- Attend monthly meetings with the OISS Study Abroad Coordinator for pre-travel preparation (dates to be confirmed).