The Office of Accreditation is responsible for overseeing university-wide accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools' Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and supporting program level accreditation by providing assistance and consultation to the university community. The team works with academic units on the continual assessment of student learning outcomes, and oversees several university systems for programmatic review and sufficiency of faculty.
What We Do
- Direct university-wide regional accreditation activities through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), including all Substantive Change.
- Inform and advise university stakeholders of SACSCOC policies and changes to those policies as needed.
- Provide consultation to academic and administrative units on a wide variety of accreditation-related policy and process issues.
- Consult with and provide technical assistance to academic units regarding specialized/professional accreditation on a periodic basis.
- Maintain and implement the information infrastructure for the reaffirmation of accreditation.
- Oversee several university systems for programmatic review and sufficiency of faculty (ASPIRE and Faculty Roster Database).
- Coordinate with academic units on the continual assessment of student learning outcomes (ASLOs).
- Provide initial SACSCOC review for all new programs.
Who We Are
Jane Duncan, M.F.A., Ph.D.
Director of Accreditation
Phone: (954) 262-5382
Adam Rosenthal, M.B.A.
Academic and Accreditation Resources Coordinator
Phone: (954) 262-5379