The mission of the Office of Planning and Accreditation is to assist the university in ensuring compliance with the regional accreditation standards set forth in the Principles of Accreditation of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC) through an integrated set of planning and assessment processes that focus on overall institutional improvement.
The purpose of the Office of Planning and Accreditation is to facilitate and monitor, through provision of consultation, technical assistance, and resources to the university community, compliance with the Principles of Accreditation, as well as maintenance of systematic, integrated planning and assessment processes.
The university community is served through the following functions:
- Manage and direct the university’s regional accreditation reaffirmation processes
- Manage the university’s strategic planning implementation and assessment processes
- Serve as an information resource regarding regional accreditation
- Provide consultation, technical assistance, and resources
- Produce a variety of documents related to regional accreditation and planning
- Manage a variety of accreditation-related databases