The M.S.D.E.P. Program evaluates the overall quality of its applicants, including academic achievement, life experience, recommendations, knowledge of the field of emergency management, and personal motivation.
Criteria for Admissions
- the applicant must hold a bachelor's, master's, doctoral, or terminal professional degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a college or university accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC) Accrediting Commission
- a cumulative overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale from all institutions attended is required
- a GRE or MAT score is preferred, but not required, from all applicants except those who currently have a terminal degree (e.g. Ph.D., DMD, JD, etc.) or those who already hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. university of college, or a college or university accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC) Accrediting Commission
- if an applicant chooses to apply, and is accepted, without the GRE or MAT, (except for those who meet the above-mentioned criteria), the student must attain a grade of B or higher in their first three courses (nine credit hours) to continue in the degree program
- two letters of recommendation from a supervisor, co-worker, or instructor who is familiar with the applicant's character, scholastic aptitude, and work ethic
- the ability to express one's self in writing through a written statement submitted with the application
- if applicable: official course-by-course evaluation of all foreign coursework from an NSU-approved evaluation service
- applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate English proficiency. The following standardized tests currently satisfy the university's English requirement for no-nnative English speakers:
Test results must be sent directly from the testing agency to Enrollment Processing Services (address below). Proof of English language competency can also be in the form of successful completion of a degree at an approved U.S. institution of higher education.
The school may require additional documentation to support the application.
If accepted, applicants will be subject to a background check prior to being allowed to enroll in classes.
To access the online application, please click here.