The M.S.D.E.P. Program evaluates the overall quality of its applicants, including academic achievement, life experience, recommendations, knowledge of the field of emergency management, and personal motivation.
The Office of Admissions processes applications on a year-round basis. Applicants may apply for matriculation into any one of the three semester (fall, winter, summer).
Criteria for admissions are as follows:
- the applicant must hold a bachelor's, master's, doctoral, or terminal professional degree from a regionally accredited college or university*
- a cumulative overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale from all institutions attended
- GRE or MAT scores are required from all applicants except those who currently have a terminal degree (e.g. Ph.D., DMD, DVM, JD, DO, etc.) from a regionally accredited U.S. university of college, or those who currently hold a MSN, MCMS, MPA, MPH, MSW
- the ability to express one's self in writing through a written statement submitted with the application
- three letters of recommendation (instructors from their college or university, employer, work colleague, etc.)
- If applicable: The following standardized tests currently satisfy the university's English requirement for non-native English speakers:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language ( TOEFL): 213 on the computer-based test; 79-80 on the Internet-based test.
- International English Language Testing System ( IELTS): 6.0 on the test module.
- GMAT score of 450; GRE score of 1,000.
- Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) score of at least 480 in the verbal section or an American College Test (ACT) score of at least 20 on the verbal section
If accepted, applicants will be subject to a background check prior to being allowed to enroll in classes.
Please send transcripts and supplemental admission materials to:
Enrollment Processing Services
Nova Southeastern University
3301 College Avenue-P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33314-9905
Upon review, you will be contacted by the Program Director. Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-356-0026 ext 21850.
To access the online application, please click here.