MHS in Child Protection with a concentration in Child Protection and Juvenile Justice
The master of human services in child protection with a concentration in child protection and juvenile justice focuses on developing professionals with the knowledge and proficiency to investigate, intervene, support, and advocate for child and youth welfare, family systems, and social services. Students will gain an advanced understanding of family dynamics, victimology, and the juvenile justice system.
Who should apply?
- Individuals working with children and families within the social services and juvenile justice systems who wish to obtain graduate degrees and increase their expertise in their current field
- Individuals with bachelor's degrees who wish to obtain graduate degrees and increase their knowledge and skills in child protection and juvenile justice
- Completed admission application packet, including nonrefundable application fee made payable to Nova Southeastern University
- Official transcripts indicating conferral of a bachelor's degree by a regionally accredited institution (minimum 2.5 grade point average required)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended postsecondary institutions
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (essay) of 150-300 words
Convenient Delivery Options
Coursework for the child protection and juvenile justice concentration
- Completion of all required courses
- Cumulative maintained grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Completed application for degree