MHS in Child Protection with a Concentration in Administration for Child Protective Services
The master of human services in child protection with a concentration in administration for child protective services prepares students to design and implement therapeutic programs for young children, adolescents, and their families, with an emphasis on advocacy and leadership skills. Students will gain knowledge and proficiency in the development, administration, and supervision of child and youth care and family support programs. In addition, students will acquire an understanding of the legal and financial aspects of management programs for children and youths.
Who should apply?
- Managers, directors, and administrators of child and youth agencies and family counseling fields who wish to obtain graduate degrees and increase their expertise in their current field
- Individuals with bachelor's degrees who wish to obtain graduate degrees and increase their knowledge and skills in human and social services
- Completed admission application packet, including nonrefundable application fee made payable to Nova Southeastern University
- Official transcripts indicating conferral of a bachelor's degree by a regionally accredited institution (minimum 2.5 grade point average required)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended postsecondary institutions
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (essay) of 150-300 words
Convenient Delivery Options
Coursework for the administration for child protective services concentration is conducted entirely online. This approach allows students to receive and submit coursework and interact with participants and professors via the Internet. This distance delivery option allows busy professionals to complete their degrees without having to leave their jobs or travel long distances.
- Completion of all required courses
- Cumulative maintained grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Completed application for degree