B.S. in Human Services Administration - Aviation
Thank you for applying as an undergraduate student to Nova Southeastern University. You will have the opportunity to choose between day, evening, or online programs. All applications must include a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
Please choose your student type and follow the admissions requirements listed:
Students who are going to attend college for the first time and wish to experience either the traditional day program or the non-traditional evening program at the main campus in Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida.
Include with your application or send separately:
- Official high school (or secondary school) transcripts with courses, grades and graduation date (if available). Official transcripts are unopened and stamped with the schools seal. Copies or unofficial transcripts can be used for provisional admission; however official transcripts will be necessary for full acceptance to the university. All final, official documents must be submitted within 90 days of start date. Failure to provide final, official documentation will result in a hold being placed on your student account and the inability to register for future semesters.
- Official test scores from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT): Only required for Day/Professional and Liberal Studies students.
- A copy of both sides of your resident alien card if applicable.
- For more information on AP and IB courses, please visit www.nova.edu/cwis/registrar/tes/
Undergraduate students who are transferring to Nova Southeastern University from another college or university, regardless of number of credits obtained, and wish to experience the traditional day program at the main campus in Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida.
Include with your application or send separately:
- Official transcripts from all previously-attended institutions, whether or not credit was received.
- A copy of both sides of your resident alien card if applicable
- Please note: a maximum of 90 credit hours from regionally accredited institutions can be counted toward a degree; Florida community college associate of arts graduates will receive junior status for financial aid purposes.
- To be considered a transfer student you must have a minimum of 24 semester hours completed at a regionally accredited college, otherwise your high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores are required with your application. SAT scores are not required if you've graduated from high school at least two years prior to Nova Southeastern University admission.
- NSU offers several articulation agreements with other colleges and universities for ease of transfer of credit. Check with the Office of Transfer Evaluation Services for more information on additional transfer credit opportunities.
If you are an international student and require an I-20 visa to study at Nova Southeastern University's main campus in Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida, follow these admissions requirements.
Nova Southeastern University has always been recognized as a leader in real-world education, so it's no surprise that students come from all over the world to earn their degrees here. As an international student at NSU, you'll have access to a wealth of academic resources befitting America's seventh largest private university. But you'll also discover something far more powerful: the sense that you fit in perfectly.
Admission to undergraduate (bachelor's) degree programs is selective, and students who are admitted have demonstrated the ability to do university-level work. International students must comply with the general undergraduate admissions requirements listed:
- A completed Nova Southeastern University undergraduate admissions application and a non-refundable $50 application fee in U.S. dollars (USD).
- Students who have earned CXC or O level certificates (HSC and CAPE) must provide five passing scores in academic subjects and proof of secondary school completion. All secondary school programs, university transcripts, and certificates must be evaluated by Josef Silny & Associates or World Education Services, Inc. A "course by course" evaluation and grade point average are required. For more information about this type of evaluation please refer to the Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. orWorld Education Services Web sites.
- Students for whom English is not their native language must be able to demonstrate adequate English skills by submitting one of the following:
- Proof of graduation from a U.S. regionally-accredited high school.
- Proof of English language proficiency with a passing score on one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 213 on the computer-based test; 550 on the paper-based test; or 79 on the internet-based test
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS*): 6.0 on the test module
- Passing Academa II Levels from The Language Institute at NSU.
- SAT verbal score of 480 or above, or ACT verbal score of 20
- College transcript with one "English Composition One" course at a U.S. regionally-accredited college with a grade of C or better.
Admission decisions are made on a "rolling basis". Our Admissions Committee meets weekly, applications are reviewed as soon as all required documents have been received, and decisions are made within a week of your file being completed. Students are informed of the Committee's decision soon thereafter.
International students may begin undergraduate course work in mid-August or early January, and should apply at least 2-3 months ahead of time to allow for processing and evaluation.
All international students must either obtain an F-1 visa to study at Nova Southeastern University or have visa status that permits a nonresident alien to study in the United States.
International students need to obtain an I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 (student visa) at the American Embassy in their home country. The Office of International Students and Scholars at Nova Southeastern University is in charge of issuing the I-20 when the following criteria are met:
- Students must be officially accepted for admission to Nova Southeastern University, having met both academic and English requirements.
- Students must indicate their acceptance for admission by submitting a $200 (USD)enrollment confirmation deposit and a completed acceptance form.
- Full-time day students must demonstrate availability of funds for a total of $50,908 (USD). Adult/non-traditional students must demonstrate availability of funds for a total of $42,778 (USD). An original bank statement or original letter on bank letterhead is required.
The Office of International Students and Scholars is available to further assist students.
Working adult students wishing to complete a bachelor's degree by attending evening classes on main campus, online classes or classes held at various student educational centers, should complete and submit the following:
- A completed online application or print application along with the $50 non-refundable application fee sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Official (final) transcripts from all colleges previously attended. High school transcripts are also required if you don't have at least 24 college credits.
Admissions procedures: Find out everything you need to have your undergraduate application in on time, where to send your application, and pay the application fee.