Community Outreach and Advocacy
Consortium staff members serve on a variety of local, state, and national committees disseminating information and assisting in the development of support systems to individuals with autism and their families. Another function of the consortium is to provide professional input for the development of public policy affecting individuals with autism and their families. This includes:
- serving on, and working with, community advisory committees
- coordinating activities with order local autism groups providing training and support
- serving on local, state, and national autism and developmental disabilities committees
- training family members and professionals in advocacy skills
- serving on public policy committees
- assisting social service agencies serving individuals with developmental disabilities in program design and personnel development.