B.S. in Education | Child Development ABA Certification
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Emphasis
Bachelor's level (Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst) / (BCaBA®)
Students pursuing certification in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) at the Bachelor's level must meet the following requirements before applying to take the certification exam:
- Obtain a Bachelor's Degree in an Education and/or Human Services related field
- Complete the required coursework in ABA which includes:
- UABA 3010 – Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis
- UABA 3020 – Assessment in Applied Behavior Analysis
- UABA 3030 – Interventions in Applied Behavior Analysis
- UABA 3040 - Positive Behavioral Support (PBS) with Children with Challenging Behaviors
- Complete one of the following to meet the required number of hours of supervised experience via:
- University Approved Practicum (670 hours) – not offered as part of this program
- University Approved Intensive Practicum (500 hours) – not offered as part of this program
- Independent Fieldwork (1000 hours) – not offered as part of this program
Your program administrator will be able to guide students through the supervised experience process and provide options for practicum completion.
For more general information about the BCaBA® certification, please visit the Behavior Analysts Certification Board's website.