Socio-Medical Issues in Aging
February 7-8, 2014
- NSU Main Campus – University Park Plaza
3424 S. University Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
Nova Southeastern University's Geriatric Education Center is pleased to announce its Seventh Annual Interprofessional Geriatrics Training Institute: "Socio-Medical Issues in Aging." The conference is scheduled for February 7-8, 2014, at Nova Southeastern University's Main Campus.
Located on a beautiful 314-acre campus in Fort Lauderdale, NSU has more than 26,000 students and is the largest independent institution of higher education in Florida. Fort Lauderdale, known for its near-idyllic climate, merges with the Atlantic for 23 miles of palm-fringed Florida shoreline. Fort Lauderdale offers a wide variety of things to see and do, appealing to guests from around the world.
Presentations from the 2013 Interprofessional Geriatrics Symposium
- Stages of Cognitive Impairment & How is Best Managed
- The Humanities: A Role in Positive Aging
- Questions and Alternatives to Meet Long Term Care Demands in Hungary, Europe
- Is the Geriatric Driver a Safety Hazard?
- Determining Fitness to Drive Among Older Drivers
- Reducing Use of Antipsychotics in Dementia Patients, Including Case Studies from Europe
- Saving Your "Sole": Common Foot Problems
- Students' and clinical mentors' knowledge and viewpoints towards working with older people: An example of improving Nursing education.
- Venlafaxine and Duloxetine: A Comparison of Efficacy and Tolerability for the Treatment of Depression in Elderly Patients
- The Positive Communication: Use of the EXDASE Program of Dance and Music to Improve Function and Quality of Life for People in LTC
- Interprofessional Management of Dizziness in the Older Adult
- Disability, ICF and Interprofessional Rehabilitation of Older Adults
- "The Hearing Connection": The Forgotten Piece of the Puzzle for Complete Geriatric Care and Assessment
- Outcome of Treatment of Pain in Geriatric Population
- Support at Home: Interventions to Enhance Life in Dementia
- Global Aging: The Realities and the Challenges