CIS Support will provide system support to all clinical departments including end-user support and end-user training to over 900 students, faculty and staff members. The mission of CIS Support department is to support all clinical operations of the University ensuring quality, effectives, and integration of clinical information systems.
In support of this mission, CIS Support will ensure the following:
- Establish the vision for enterprise clinical systems at NSU and articulate the vision to the NSU community and beyond
- Lead the design of select enterprise clinical applications, products, and services in collaboration with Applications Development, Enterprise Services, and Clinical Systems Management
- Lead the coordination of priorities for enterprise clinical portfolio application development, in conjunction with Clinical Systems Management, and IS leadership
- Lead the enterprise knowledge management process in support of clinical decision support systems, and manage the development and implementation of online reference materials
- Design key components of the informatics infrastructure: establish or adopt standard techniques for medical knowledge representation (e.g., medication decision support, rules and alerts, reminders, etc.), and health reference information models, controlled codes, and controlled medical terminology.
- Serve as an informatics and design resource to other divisions of IS with respect to clinical application usability, complex clinical systems, information modeling, clinical application architecture
- Scan the outside environment for advances in clinical informatics from both academic and commercial settings relevant to NSU clinical departments.
- Support the work of researchers at NSU whose work involves electronic clinical data
- Conduct educational programs and training (e.g., Weekly Training classes, lecture series, and CIS lunch and learn)