Policies and Procedures
Certificates of Insurance
A Certificate of Insurance is a standard form issued by an insurance company to evidence a policyholder's coverage.
All outside vendors using NSU's facilities and contractors doing business for NSU must submit proof of insurance. It is the responsibility of the department to request this proof from the vendor or contractor prior to the beginning of work and/or the start of the contract.
The Certificate of Insurance must name Nova Southeastern University, Inc. as "an additional insured". The limits of insurance should be at least $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 annual aggregate. The Certificate must be forwarded to the Risk Management Office for prior approval. If the Certificate does not meet the requirements, the department will be notified. The following information should be listed on the Certificate:
- Full name of insured
- Name of Insurance Company providing coverage
- Type of insurance (e.g. Commercial General Liability, Worker's Compensation, Automobile) and limits
- Policy number and effective date
- Date and description of operation
- Nova Southeastern University, Inc. as an "additional insured", not just as a certificate holder