Program Outcomes | Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy Completion Program
Graduates of the B.S.R.T. completion program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the physiological bases for all therapeutic interventions, advanced patient monitoring, assessment, and treatment, as well as diagnostic procedures in all areas of respiratory therapy practice.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills as consultants to physicians and other health care personnel in developing and carrying out various cardiopulmonary care strategies.
- Show proficiency in establishing an evidence base for best practices through research and the critique and interpretation of professional scientific literature.
- Show understanding of the ethical obligations and responsibilities of health care professionals and institutions.
- Display knowledge of current issues and trends in health care, including public policy, access, quality improvement, and legal and ethical topics.
- Be proficient in oral and written communication.
- Exhibit knowledge of the roles in respiratory education and management.
- Apply knowledge successfully in practice and experiential areas.