MHS/DHS Dual Degree Program
The MHS/DHS Dual Degree program admits students on a rolling basis. Students are considered for admission when all of their admission documents have been submitted to the Enrollment Processing Center. Anyone with a pending application packet that is not complete by the deadline will be automatically rolled over into the admission cycle for the next term.
The Office of Admissions processes applications on a rolling admission basis throughout the year. Applicants can apply for admission for any one of four starting dates during any academic year: January, April, July, and September. Each term runs for 12 weeks. Admission deadlines for submitted application and required document are as follows:
Term Deadline Course dates
- Summer 2015 June 1, 2015 (6/29-9/20)
- Fall 2015 August 15, 2015 (9/28-12/12)
- Winter 2016 December 1, 2015 (1/4-3/27)
- Spring 2016 March 1, 2016 (4/4-6/26)
Applicants for admission must submit or be responsible for submission of:
- Completed MHS/DHS Dual application form
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
Send transcripts and all required documents to:
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services (EPS)
College of Health Care Sciences
Health Science Doctoral Admissions
P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33329-9905
- Official and final transcripts from all previously attended undergraduate, professional, and graduate institutions of higher learning. Conferral degree and conferral date must be on the transcript(s) from where you earned a degree.
- All coursework from international institution(s), Applicant is responsible for contacting one of the evaluation services listed here. The evaluation must be course by course including a cumulative GPA The official evaluation must be sent directly from the evaluation service to the NSU EPS address shown above for all documents:
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 415070
Milwaukee, WI 53203
- World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
- Copy of national allied health professional certification or licensure, if applicable.
- Copy of current state licensure, registration or certification.
- Copy of BLS, ACLS, PALS and ATLS certificates (if applicable)
- Two "Evaluation Forms" from a supervising physician or manager. These forms are supplied in the application package from the program. Additional letters may be requested by the program after initial review of application if so warranted.
Non-clinical applicants (health administrators) only- must also include a letter of recommendation from a supervisor describing their position in the organization and the scope and duration of their responsibility, a personal statement describing their career goals, and an organizational chart. (This is not required for clinically licensed, registered, or certified applicants or for public health practitioners with an MPH). Clinically-qualified applicants should include a copy of their registration, certification and/ or licensure.
- An up to date resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores (no more than five years old).
- Personal interview with Committee on Admissions MAY be required in some cases. Phone interview and/or advisement may be substituted upon approval.
- Pentium, 700 MHz minimum processor
- 128 MB RAM
- Video and monitor capable of 1024x768 resolution or better
- CD-ROM Drive
- Full duplex sound card and speakers
- 56.6 baud modem (DSL or CABLE modem is a plus in an online program)
- Internet connection with private Internet service provider (ISP) for access from home to the Internet
- Windows 98 2nd edition/2000/ME/XP or NT
- Microsoft Office 2000 or newer with Powerpoint, Word, and Excel minimum
- Surge suppressor electrical outlet
- Suggested option: ZIP drive or USB thumb drive