- To appraise, collect, organize, describe, preserve, and make available university records of permanent administrative, legal, fiscal, and historical value.
- To provide adequate facilities for the retention, preservation, servicing, and research use of such records.
- To provide information services that will assist the operation of the institution.
- To serve as a resource and laboratory to stimulate and nourish creative teaching and learning.
- To serve research and scholarship by making available and encouraging the use of its collections by members of the institution and the community at large.
- To promote knowledge and understanding of the origins, objectives, programs and goals of The University, and of the development of the University's aims, goals, and programs.
- To facilitate the efficient management of the recorded information produced by the University's units and offices.